|Virginia Chess Federation|
Northern Virginia Open
30 Grand Prix Points! A VCF Cup Event!!
Prize Information related to Class Prizes and Top Upsets has been updated, see below
Hotel & Tournament Site:
Washington Dulles Marriott, 45020
Aviation Drive, Dulles, VA 20166 .
Chess Rate at the Hotel: $89+taxes per night if you reserve by FRIDAY OCT 20th. Contact the Hotel directly at 703-471-9500 or 800-228-9290 and tell them you or with the group called Northern Virginia Open Chess Tournament.
5 Rounds, Swiss
US Chess (USCF) and FIDE rated.
All players play
in one Section.
Round Times and Time Controls:
· Saturday, 3 Rounds of chess at 9:30am, 2:00pm, 7:00pm. G/90, with 30-second time increment.
· Sunday, 2 Rounds of chess at 10am and 4:30pm. 40/90, SD/30, with 30-second time increment.
· One 1/2 pt bye is available, must declare during Registration or 30 min before start of Round 2 on Sat.
· 30-minute Default Rule is in effect ... if EITHER PLAYER is 30-or-more minutes late, that player will be declared to be in forfeit.
Download our Flyer and share it with your fellow players!!
Prizes: $3,500 payout ... all guaranteed (a 25% increase from 2016!). More if we have over 100 paid players!!
· 1st-4th Place Prizes: $800, $550, $375, $250 all guaranteed!!
· Class and Under Prizes: Expert, A, B, C, and D $225 each, guaranteed!! CLASS Awards will be determined using USCF Ratings, not FIDE.
· Top Under 1200 / Unrated Player $200, guaranteed!!! CLASS Awards will be determined using USCF Ratings, not FIDE.
Top Upset on
Saturday $100 (from Rds 1-3) and on Sunday $50 (From Rds 4 and 5)
Entry Fee through November 11 is
$80, increases to
starting Nov 12th and on-site.
Checks payable to Virginia Chess Federation. Credit
Cards accepted on site. Current USCF Membership is required.
Virginia residents must be members of the VA Chess Federation
(VCF). We will honor other
states chess federation memberships for non-VA residents.
Renew your USCF
membership before the tournament at
VCF and USCF memberships will be available at the tournament
Three ways to Register:
www.vachess.org, by US Mail, or On-site.
AVOID THE LAST MINUTE LINE BY ENTERING EARLY ONLINE OR THROUGH
THE MAIL. No email
1. OnLine: www.vachess.org, with payment through PayPal. OnLine entry increased to $95 on Sunday, November 12th. Online Entry will be available until midnight on Friday Nov 17th.
Click the button below to enter on line now ...
line now ...
(at the Tournament, $95): Registration
on site will be open from 7-10
PM on Friday evening, Nov 4th.
On Saturday morning,
Registration on site will be open from 7-10 PM on Friday evening, Nov 4th. On Saturday morning,Registration opens at 7AM and closes at 8:45AM.
Players who have not paid their Entry Fees by 8:45am on Saturday Nov 18th will NOT be paired for Round 1!!
Chess Magnet School JGP points.