Saturday and Sunday
October 17th and 18th, 2020
ALL tournament games will be held ONLINE using Chess.com
PLEASE READ THIS INFORMATION CAREFULLY
- An Online
Swiss System Chess Tournament, this is NOT an
elimination event. Each player will play 5 or 6 games.
- Players play in one of three sections based on their tournament exprience, playing strength.
- NOVICE: Players rated Under 1200 and ALL UNRATED Players
- AMATEUR: Players rated Under 1800, no Unrated Players
- CHAMPIONSHIP: Players rated 1700 or higher
|Game Dates and Times||
Rounds 1, 2 and 3 at 10AM, 2PM and 6PM
- Sunday, Oct 18th: Rounds 4, 5 and 6 at 10AM, 2PM and 6PM
ALL PLAYERS need to be seated at their computers 5-10 minutes before the start of the round.
Gold, Silver and Bronze Medals in
ALL SECTIONS -- No Cash Prizes
- Gold Medals: 1st Place & tied for 1st
- Silver Medals: 2nd Place & tied for 2nd
- Bronze Medals: 3rd Place & tied for 3rd
- Commemorative Plaques to the Top 5 Players based on Tiebreak Points
All Awards will be MAILED to the awardees
|Memberships, Entry Fees, and Registration||
- Entry Fee is $30
- A Chess.com Account is REQUIRED to play. All you need is the FREE BASIC Membership. You must have a Chess.com UserName to Register for the tournament.
- ALL PLAYERS must be members of the US Chess Federation. If you are not a member of US Chess, or need to renew your account, click here.
- REGISTRATION: Closes at 6PM on Friday, October 16th. After 6PM Friday, Oct 16th there is no way to enter the tournament.
- Ready to Register? CLICK HERE or click this button ...
- Click Here to see who has already registered, or click this button ...
|Online Chess & System Requirements||
Online Chess refers to chess games played over the Internet
usingyour computer or favorite tablet PC
- A "Game Service Provider" is the host for the tournament. For this tournament we are using Chess.com. You MUST be a member of Chess.com to play. Chess.com has free membership options, see "Membership and Entry Fees" above.
- But what about Cheating? Great question! We are taking every step to avoid cheating. Click the button below to read more about our Cheat-detection methods for this tournament.
- To play, you need a reliable internet connection. Click the button below to see more about THE RULES for the event.
|How Long does each game Last?||
- TIME CONTROL: G/60,
inc +10. This means
each player has 60 minutes to make all of their moves, with an
additional 10 seconds added to each move.
- Bye Requests: One half-point bye is available for each player. ALL half-point Byes MUST be declared BEFORE Registration closes, they cannot be requested after the Registration Period ends.
|How will I be Paired for my Games||
- Pairings will be done using players'
US Chess Regular ratings.
If a player also has a US Chess ONLINE Regular rating, then we will be
using the higher of those two ratings.
- We will be using the OCTOBER 2020 US Chess Rating Supplement, which wll be published on the 17th or 18th of September.
- For this tournament and for purposes of fair play, the Chief TD reserves the right to assign a rating to a player who has a rating in another rating system, including FIDE or Chess.com. Players whose ratings are affected by this tournament rule will be notified by the Chief TD.
|For More Information||
Mike Hoffpauir, National Tournament Director;
Registrations CANNOT be taken after 6PM on Friday, Oct 16th, by phone or email, you must use the registration link provided above.